overdue traditional pieces for JoeyPoey and Sonador
@sari-y-fawr I feel like this is the kind of valentine you’d make.
feel like this is the kind of
valentine you’d make
^Haiku^bot^8. I detect haikus with 5-7-5 format. Sometimes I make mistakes.
Why did the chicken cross the wet concrete?
Because it wanted to be immortalized
I 100% fail to see the problem.
I like these guys better
Best outcome tbh
Nothing is going to change. Americans love their guns more than they love people and after Sandy Hook we decided that killing over 20 children was acceptable and not outrageous enough to make reasonable restrictions on guns. This is America, a country that has been around for 200 years, a superpower, a 1st world nation, and one of the wealthiest countries on the planet and we refuse to protect our own people. We respect guns more than we respect the lives of people.
What specific gun control measures would you propose and how would they directly and effectively make society safer?
- Absolutely get rid of all AR-15′s and the like.
- Intense background and criminal background checks and anything violent automatically disqualifies you.
- Make getting a gun/gun permit more like getting a driver’s license:
- permit to learn
- includes an exam with 18 or more questions on the policies, laws, and etc of guns and gun ownership
- if you get more than 8 questions incorrect you must retake it.
- 30 hours of practical experience at a gun range with a licensed teacher
- Must take a 5 hour class on the dangers of guns and how to use them safely which will then yield you a certificate that grants you to take the practical exam and lasts for one year. If you don’t gain the license within the allotted year you must retake the class.
- A practical exam with a licensed instructor who will grade you on various skills. If you pass you may be granted a permit on the weapon of your choice, the exams may differ on the type of firearm you want.
- Follow the Japanese model where you must have two gun safes in different areas of the house, one to store the gun and one to store the bullets and you must provide the police with information on where those safes are.
- No concealed carry and only handguns may be allowed to be out in public.
- If transporting a weapon, it must be in the trunk of the vehicle, in a bag or some other case, safety on and unloaded and may not leave the vehicle until you are at the destination.
- If you’re a hunter or some other gun hobbyist that requires a functional weapon other than a handgun then the gun must stay on the premises, whether that is a gun range or the Fish and Wildlife facility.
- If you live in a rural area where police (and people, for that matter) are few and far between, something akin to a deer hunting rifle should provide plenty of protection from predators and poachers, you still have to follow the aforementioned steps.
- This doesn’t cover everything but I think it’s a good place to start.
Can you show me evidence that this would directly and effectively create a safer society?
I have never laughed so hard at a gun law post. Like seriously, the evidence is in fucking reality. The proposed restrictions are just fucking logic.
there are more guns in America owned by more people than ever before in history and yet there is less gun crime than ever before in history.
Australia never had the kind of societal violence America has and their crime rates were pretty much unaffected by their Draconian gun laws, in fact there are more illegal guns in Australia now than there were before the ban.
All of those places have nearly homogeneous cultures without the racially motivated gang activity that is pretty much exclusive to America in the first world [though with the Migrant Crisis in Europe they’re starting to see it there like the Nightclub Shooting in France or grenade attacks in Sweden].
They also have massive social welfare structures that keep the citizenry fat and happy. If the school shooter in Florida had been able to just leech of the taxpayers like he’d of been able to in any of those countries he never would’ve shot up that school.
After the Assault Weapons Ban in America sunsetted the government’s own reports said it had little to no effect on gun crime rates. America is unique in that diversity of its population, lack of a free-ride welfare state, and proximity to a drug cartel controlled crime-state in Mexico. If it were actually the guns everyone in America would already be dead as there are more guns than people in America yet over 99.9999% are never used in a crime.